TOwards a sustainable future; TOgether.
Transition Oundle(TO) provides practical projiects, informative events and friendly advice to help our neighbourhood to be a strongly linked, efficient local community, a resilient, lower carbon environment and a greener, thoughtfully developed area; all our work is voluntarily undertaken.
Our activities fall into four main areas – Energy, Transport, Food and Work/Lifestyle.
We are a relatively small group of active people who pack a quite a punch in the local area. Membership is free, open to all and attendance at events participation in projects is (hopefully) interesting and enjoyable. Sign up to be a member here and you'll start receiving our monthly newsletter or bring your thoughts, ideas and enthusiasm to our next meeting.
What is Transition Oundle up to?
Business Start-Up Programme
Are you ready to make the leap into starting your own business? There are lots of things to think about.
A new business start-up programme will run in Oundle over 8 evenings from Tuesday, 5 April. The aim is to provide people who are on the point of starting their own business with a safe environment in which to test and develop their ideas. At the end of the programme the Business Plans produced by the participants will be judged, and a prize of around £100 will be given to the best submission to help you to launch your new enterprise.
More information and an application form are available here (12 places available).
Our recent activities have included:
- Oundle Open Gardens - a chance to visit some of the town's heavenly havens. Themed 'Conservation, Cultivation and Contemplation'
- Oundle-On Your Bike! - promoting cycling in and around Oundle through events, training and the development cycling infrastructure.
- Reducing Grid Use & Push on PV – organising a group order of solar panels to reduce installation costs and helping householders to lower their energy bills
- Springfield Community Garden – developed by local residents for local residents.
- Oundle Time Trade (OTT) - a local skills exchange programme.
- Feeding the Next Generation – A stimulating debate amongst a panel of experts from the industry about the future of food production and consumption.